Friday, May 27, 2016

MLM-Good or Bad ??? !!!!


MLM -multi level marketing .A new concept of marketing and selling your products.Though I am not a marketing guru in any sense, but I really understand it as I am in the opposite profession i.e Buying  or Procurement in professional terms.Now why some company goes for it,whatever may be the reason for those companies,until now , I believe this is an interesting concept for any consumer. By being distributor for a quality product of any reputable company and using them for your own good is one part to it .The profitable part is to sell those product to others which is quite difficult actually.

Why is it so difficult to sell something to others?
Though we are very much comfortable to listen to others for opinion in the cases of medical or doctors or schools or colleges or even maids, but very reluctant to buy a product from one of our relatives just because it alarms us for any ponzi scheme.(in recent times it reminds of chit funds)
We all may have been faced such a situation when we may be approached by somebody in our relation to use some product and also may be ,afterwards being asked to join him or her as his or her down-line.
And in 90% cases, we normally rejects such proposals. Am I correct or not?

We buy products of some company either because of the following reasons:

1) some expert recommended it ,in the case of doctors prescribing medicines
2) some actors imitating advertising scripts so well ,as if they are the best users of those products.(as if Salman khan books ticket in advance through yatra only and Sahrukh khan only paints in Nerolac)
3) finally I think the shopkeeper shows us the best discounted items or free gift items.
4) it is the same as above but only difference here is the shop keeper is replaced with shopping mall giving freebies e.g.buy one get one  (  ek pe ek free offer) or similar kind of things  to target major consumers .

Above reasons are quite okay with us till a certain period of time. Now time has changed and it is in this continuous change mode since the advent of internet. Many people cross checked even doctor's advice .They now no longer believe that whether the actor is telling on-screen may not be all true. Because even  the news is not portrayed in all of its totality , so it is rather a common practice to disbelieve whatever the TV says.In this time of change , still psychology helps us to get driven to some established but highly advertised products. No doubt they are good but we pay a huge part of the MRP for those endorsements as well.

Now what is good about the MLM scheme is that the endorsement money /commission will be going to one of the common man/woman ,may be your relative or friend or acquaintance who does the all the three together (adviser/actor/ business owner) ,understandably he/she cannot replace the doctors or malls or actors .Nobody can replace a Doctor , but if there is yoga or some probiotics to help our immune system , that does not mean that promotion of earlier is demolition the later.Neither, any of us wish to do so.

I argue if a product or service is good and affordable and the company is established for many years and not involved in any scandals of any nature, then why not use those products which will ultimately benefit your friend or relative or simply a common man, who aspire to become a business owner.
The trust comes after some rigorous verification, no doubt about it and I welcome that . But it should not be just a wild and ignorant attack to vilify the intentions of a marketeer.Before attacking and lamenting anything about the product or the company , one should please go through some conscious reading about the company either through website or any other sources available.

Till date , I glorify the Gujurati people for their talent of rolling the money-ball always in their family .They never depend on a so called "sarkari naukri"(govt job,even of a peon) to live a life.They always ,in last many years showcased best examples of entrepreneurship. I belong to Odisha and I know that my state's people still recall those days of entrepreneurship by "Kartik Pournima".But somehow, they become happy to just remember those golden days of business in this part of the world.Nowadays, boys and girls are groomed to be either an IAS Officer or an engineer or a doctor.In this paragraph, I know , I have drifted from my subject , but what to do. This is one of my core issue always in my thought process- How and when odiya people will accept business as their first and foremost bread-earner .

Though I am being approached many a times by different people to join Amway or herbalife , but I never joined or hesitated or rejected them as most of us do.But never doubted the quality of those products.In the meantime, I was always searching for a good Indian manufacturer to come up with MLM strategy where I will put my efforts perhaps, in future. And somehow,due to multiple of the following reasons(1. financial security of my family ,2. getting a good health in these polluted environments, 3. just a thrill of creating a business unit out of nothing ) I am inclined to take one step and land up in the doors of a company called M/s. Vestige Marketing Pvt Limited. (http://www.myvestige.com/company-about.aspx).The decision was quite slow and it came after many days of rigorous brainstorming.Already there are many market leaders available for such products, still I believed in the products of this company (nobody approached me , that may be the best reason , I can guess) and management of the above company due to some factual and some gut feeling.I am not in favor of writing everything about the company in this blog as that is not my work and that work is already done by them in their site , so whoever is interested may come there and read it or google it or youtube it.
I am eager to see getting started from here.Because in MLM the core competencies like ,man-management will be tested heavily.Happy journey to myself.






No comments: