Sunday, August 2, 2015

Happy friendship day-1st story

Dear All friends
It is for you.
I have 2 strong memories of the friendship day in my life which I may never forget.

2nd story -go to the the following link - http://abhimanril.blogspot.com/2010/08/friendship-day.html
First Story-
Mr. Sunil Pandab -He is my college friend .We studied together in our +2 science (11th & 12th  for many).Tragedies happened to my friend in final exams & his family's financial status sinks, as no one from his family could have afforded his further studies in engineering or medical.(one small information here- in 1999- we were left with two options either you can go for medical or engineering-- I recall them as hopeless days), I thought he would pursue some normal higher studies like BSc & then MSc. or might take a job ,perhaps because of his family conditions.,
So I left the city and started further coaching to get into a good engineering school.But I felt I was immature enough to concentrate on studies rather other stuffs which were far ahead of my understanding at those time.(don't take me wrong ,actually I was not indulged in some dubious activity rather I was interested towards spiritual path but not strong enough to leave everything behind.I was like -want to be a yogi but also kept my foot inside a material world).And my ranking slips beyond my expectations and finally got an Engineering seat in a private college in south part of Odisha.(it was just 4 years old) .My hopeless journey continued amidst my love affair with a girl who is my wife today.(for the love story- I have a different blog post series-milestone ).
In the 2nd year, I was living in a rented house in the town for better concentration on studies.
On a day similar like this one,though unaware of that  (means friendship day of 2002) when I called my father as usual, he informed me that Sunil had left a message and his landline number for me.

For information:- till that date, I was unaware of a friendship day  existing in the world.Normally people cannot digest this ,as after y2k how can a person be so ignorant of such things.But, believe it or not it is a fact. I am a lonely person and in a way introvert.I rarely interacts in groups.I was happy to have very few friends.

So, I got the number of my old friend and message to call him whenever free.So I called him thinking he must have been engaged with some job or maximum -may be studying BSc. What happened next was quite funny and bizarre. To my wonder - he told me he joined the Engineering  with some financial help from his brother and some financial assistance of bank after local politician's recommendation. Ok, I was glad enough to congratulate him- asked about his well being and his family .Then I asked which branch he selected- he told Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering- I am again surprised and happy enough to congratulate him ,because I was also joined the same branch in 2001.Then I asked which college he choose for this branch ,as very few   private & govt. colleges were there (perhaps only 2 in govt- NIT  Rourkela, CET ,Bhubaneswar & 3 in private - Ghansyam Hemlata of Puri, NIST of Berhampur & JITM of Parlakhemundi).He told me again with my greatest astonishment that he selected JITM( currently you can find our college with this URL http://www.cutm.ac.in/) , in which I was actually studying. Scratching my head, I asked again that how on earth, did he know that I was also studying the same branch in the same college .For information- in 2002,there was no mobile thing happened to us and landline was also luxury to us (lower middle class).So,communication was very poor in those days.He replied with both complete joy and surprise that he did not know anything about my whereabouts in those 2 years.He only knew that I was pursuing engineering in some college.

After hanging up with the call ,I was filled with happiness thinking  to be with my old friend & again for next three years.While coming back to my house I overheard somebody in the road wishing someone else "Happy friendship Day".
Then I realized that day was some friendship day and after some inquiry,I got to know friendship day is celebrated on first Sunday of August.My joy had no limits because of the timing/coincidence happened to my life and my friends life.And people may not believe the coincidence never stopped till date.His life's trajectory is almost similar to me except the marriage part till now.I joined a Paper manufacturing company after my engineering in 2006. He got selected in another Paper manufacturing company in 2006 end. Then ,I got selected to Reliance Industries Limited in 2006 end. He joined the same in 2007 end but to different unit i.e. Surat & I was in Jamnagar but both are in Gujarat.I left Reliance in 2013 end. He left in 2015 .Both are in Gulf now.He is in Saudi Arabia & myself in Qatar.God knows, how many such coincidences are remaining.

When we relate to God in different relationship in Sanatan Paramparaa- one aspect is also depicted as friendship & Sudama was the best example in Srikrishna's life which I love the most..Though I am having very few friends in my life, but still I enjoy company of them the most .I always felt God has enriched my life with these companionship.

So Happy Friendship Day to Sunil Pandab and all of my friends.

This is the end of first story for which I may never forget friendship day.

No comments: